Ayub is a picky eater. This sprint at school is called "Cooking and Chemistry." I…
Kid-Friendly Crispy Chicken Burgers For Picky Eaters
Ayub’s speech therapy homework this week was to grow his vocabulary by cooking a new recipe! After some brainstorming, he decided he wanted to make crispy chicken burgers. I asked him what ingredients he wanted to put inside his burger. He replied, crispy chicken and burger buns.
Pickles? No vegetables Mama I don’t like it.
Ayub’s Crispy Chicken Burger recipe for picky eaters
It’s so simple because there are hardly any ingredients in it!
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Burger buns
- Chicken/turkey ham
- 1 egg
- Seasoned flour
New vocab for Ayub bolded 🙂
- Crack one egg into a bowl and whisk it
- Dunk the chicken into the egg and make sure every part gets covered
- Transfer the chicken onto a plate of the seasoned flour, coat the chicken well
- Fry the chicken in hot oil
- Flip the chicken when it gets golden, remove when it’s completely cooked through
- Slice the burger bun in half
- Build your burger!
Here it is with pictures!
2. Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk!
3. Getting ready to coat the chicken in the seasoned flour for max crispiness
4. Dunk the chicken in the egg then coat it in the seasoned flour while the oil heats up in the pan
5. Fry the chicken in hot oil
6. Sous-chef Sulaiman prepares the ingredients for the burger
7. Head-chef Ayub slices the burger buns in half
8. Flip the chicken when golden and continue frying until cooked all the way through
9. Build your burger any way you like! The boys did bun-mayo-chicken-cheese-ham-bun.
It was honestly super delicious. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Melty cheese and random ham. All good. Well done Ayub and Sulaiman. So much fun having the boys in the kitchen. They devoured their burgers. We made 6. There is 1 left.