I've been getting an insane number of hits for Greyson Chance. Last December we interviewed…
I Register To Be An Organ Donor In Malaysia
I like helping people. I’ve always wanted to be an organ donor but prior to this, the process has been a little too much bother. Yes, that’s a terrible excuse to not sign up and potentially save the lives of 8 people once you’re dead. But I truly am that lazy.
Now it’s super super simple. You can do it entirely online and don’t have to speak to a human or post anything or leave your house. Also, in case you don’t know this, you can select which organs to donate. A good friend of mine pledged all her organs except for her eyes (for personal reasons).
Please note, registration is free and you do not need to undertake a medical screening.
Three ways to register as an organ donor in Malaysia
1. The easiest way, do it online
- Just go here
- Fill out your details
- You’ll receive a letter and your organ donor card in the mail
- Fill out your details on the card
- Keep it with you at all times
- Notify family members of your status as an organ donor
So this is what I did. And I just received my card a few days ago:
Easy-peasy lemon squeezey.
2. The less easy way, mail your registration
- Fill out this form
- Print it out
- Mail it to this address:
Pusat Sumber Transplan Nasional,
(National Transplant Resource Center),
Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Pahang,
50586 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
3. The old fashioned way, go there in person
- Head to any of these locations
- Fill out the form at the National Transplant Registry
And that’s all there is to it. So register. Please. Your organs could give life to others once you’re gone.